Before I start I don’t get me wrong I’m not saying that I’d hate to be a blogging sensation but it really isn’t something which I aspire to be or anything. If it happens, it happens. I wouldn’t get myself upset over it. It’s not good for the soul to compare yourself to ANYONE. Like any another other circumstance – there will always be someone who is better and worse off than yourself.
On that note, I’m actually SO thankful for my mediocre blog and here’s why:
1. There’s no pressure. I blog for me. I work full-time, I spent a lot of time with my boyfriend, family and friends – The pressure of being under the spotlight on top of all that would actually make me SUPER nervous.
2. My emails are tidy. (At the moment). I like them that why. Don’t get me wrong – I love opportunities when they’re fitting but I could imagine the emails that famous bloggers get to be irritating. I know they say take the good with the bad or whatever but. I could imagine emails being so UNRELATED to what they even blog about. Blogging about travel and they email you about toe nail clippers or something along those lines but funnier. OKAY. This happens to most bloggers BUT imagine that on a bigger, huger scale. No, thank you.
3. I love taking blogger breaks from time to time. I think that’s normal though – sometimes inspiration can simply fade away for while. But, if I had millions of readers I would be scared in case I went on a blog break and they totally forgot about me or something. This one might just be me being a tad insecure but hey ho.
4. Negativity. I’ve been blogging for 3+ years – I’ve never had a nasty email, a mean comment or a hateful tweet. (Thankfully). Saying that, I actually don’t think it would affect me personally if it did happen but no-one needs that. We’ve all got our own issues to deal with – we don’t need negativity from little keyboard warriors, know what I mean?
5. Judgement. Not everyone in my life is aware that I blog and vlog occasionally. Not that I hide it intentionally but it doesn’t come in conversation. Like, “Oh Hi, by the way I blog” – it just doesn’t come up in conversation. If my blog was huge and more people found out I’d feel like they’d judge me for not telling them sooner. Don’t get me wrong a lot of important people in my life are aware I blog and support me 100%. I’m sure you can kind of get what I’m trying to say.
Anyway, I’m sorry if this post seems a little ranty or pointless but I just felt like writing it. I might not even post this. If you’re reading this then I obviously did decide to post it. P.S, there’s a lot of huge bloggers who I find inspiring, interesting and simple love their blog. This isn’t a post about me hating on successful bloggers. I find it amazing actually. It’s more about the fact that I’m pretty happy with the way my blog is going right now. I’m content with my content and I’m content with my following. I hope this post make you feel a little more content!